Saturday, April 9, 2011

The purpose of this blog

I was told by another math teacher that the only way to teach, is by having your own systems and methods of teaching. Now that I have finished my first full year of teaching, I find this to be very true.  The more personal ideas and stories that I use, the better the students seemed to understand the information.  This math teacher also told me that anytime that I find something that I like that another teacher uses, STEAL it!! The best source of ideas that I have gotten is from other teachers, including ones from this class.  Molly. I have taken about 3 - 4 different ideas from you alone, thanks.  The purpose of this blog will be to collect, refine, and publish my own set of tricks, tips, and stories that I have found to help math students better themselves understand and learn math.

No comments:

Post a Comment